The terms and conditions below govern the usage of Scopd. By creating a Scopd account or by using Scopd, you agree to be bound by these Terms and our corresponding Policies.
Requirements to be on Scopd:
- Use your real name
- Give accurate information
- Create a single account
- Keep your password private, and not give access or transfer your account to someone without our permission
- Not be a convicted sex offender
- Not have been previously disabled from using Scopd
- Not have other applicable laws restricting usage of Scopd
Being on Scopd, you agree not to do, facilitate, or support others engaging in:
- Anything that violates such terms and corresponding policies
- Anything unlawful, false, misleading, or discriminatory
- Anything that violates another person’s rights
- The uploading of viruses or malicious code or anything that could affect or impair Scopd
- Accessing or attempting to access or collect data from Scopd without authorization
- As such, Scopd reserves the right to remove content you share in violation of the above and take action against your account.
Being on Scopd, you give us permission to:
- Use content you create and share: If the content is covered by intellectual property rights, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content.
- You can end this license any time by deleting your content or account.
- If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you represent that a parent or legal guardian also agrees to this section and entire agreement on your behalf.
- Use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content without any compensation to you.
Intellectual property on Scopd
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights, we retain all rights to that content. You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us.
Scopd’s right to update these terms
We reserve the right to update these terms. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use Scopd.
Your account on Scopd
If we determine that you have violated our terms or policies, we may take action against your account, which include, suspending or disabling it. We also may take similar action if you create risk or legal exposure for us or when we are permitted or required to do so by law.
Limit on liability
Scopd is provided "as is," and we make no guarantees that they always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues might arise with Scopd. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or Scopd, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms or Scopd will not exceed the greater of $100 or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months.
- These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and Scopd, Inc. regarding your usage of Scopd. They supersede any prior agreements.
- If any portion of these Terms are found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- If you choose to interact with the third parties made available through our service, such party’s terms will govern their relationship with you. Scopd is not responsible or liable for such third parties’ terms or actions.
- You agree, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Scopd, our affiliates, and their and our respective officers, directors, agents, and employees from and against any and all complaints, demands, claims, damages, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses, including attorney’s fees, due to, arising out of, or relating in any way to your access to or use of the Service, your Content, or your breach of this Agreement.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- We may use your feedback and suggestions without any restriction or compensation to you; further, we are under no obligation to keep such information confidential.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted.
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without reference to principles governing the choice or conflict of laws.
- Scopd is not affiliated with any Company or School (or other Group) represented on its website or in its app. Such logos or names are for identification purposes only.